About the ITF
The International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF) is a federation of member associations that teach Taekwon-Do as defined by the Founder, General Choi Hong Hi.
The ITF was formed in 1966, and has member associations in over 120 countries around the world. It is headquartered in Spain, and is governed by an elected Board of Directors that includes the President, Secretary-General, Treasurer, three Vice-Presidents, and five Members at Large.
The ITF exists to grow and support its members, and provide certification, competitions, courses and other services to improve the breadth and quality of Taekwon-Do globally.
The International Taekwon-Do Federation will be the most popular martial arts organisation in the world.
● Publicly available and recognisable for people of all ages and social groups.
● Internationally successful competitions and competitors.
● Our mission becomes ingrained in the fabric of the ITF and our members.
● An effective platform for social inclusion and sustainable psychophysical development.
● A dynamic organisation, operating democratically, ethically, and professionally.
● Instructors and students who become community role models and mentors.
● A recognised organisation in the international sports arena.
To create the best possible environment to practise Taekwon-Do by ensuring inspiration, innovation, management and high-quality support for all Taekwon-Do members, practitioners and supporters.
● Coordinate and certify Taekwon-Do activities, such as competitions and seminars.
● Set and enforce high quality technical and teaching standards.
● Collaborate with affiliated organisations, such as Continental Federations, and member associations.
● Help member organisations to grow and develop sustainably.
● Certify black belt holders, international instructors and umpires.
● Accountable – we stand behind our commitment to our members.
● Transparent – we are open with our members about what we do.
● Reliable – we do what we say and deliver our commitments.
● Loyal – we work for and with our members.
● Leading – we set clear direction and develop our members.
● Trustworthy – we value your trust and will not risk losing it.
● Diverse – we value our broad backgrounds, skills and ideas.
These are the values of the ITF governing body and administration. These are the values by which we will deliver our goals.